Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Davis is 3 pounds of cabbage!


The past five weeks I've tried to be very careful about what I eat and do a lot of walking so that I do not gain unwanted weight. With that being said, I had a rather hostile parent conference...that ended with the parent saying "When are you due?" I replied back, "February". She said, "Wow, you are really big for how far along you are!" For the first time in my life I was speechless. In fact it took a while for it to even sink in. I walked over to my team partner and said..."Did she just call me fat?!?!" Cari said "I think so!" UGH- Nevertheless, I went to the doctor that afternoon for a check up and was extremely anxious about getting on the scale. I mean what if this woman was right? Needless to say I had only gained 1 pound in 5 weeks so I felt MUCH better. In fact I wanted to call the parent and let her know that I was not FAT!

As for Davis, he is healthy and growing bigger everyday! He weighs about 3 pounds this week and is laying across my stomach kicking my ribs. I will be going to the doctor every 2 weeks through December and then begin every week in January until he arrives. I can't wait to see him!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't people wonderful??? Believe it or not, our tiny little Ashley has had similar comments made to her! And, you know how little she is!!! I think you look JUST RIGHT!!! Healthy, cute, and pregnant! That's exactly how you want to look! And, beautiful as ever! I love you SO!!!
    Hugs and kisses. Sabes

    ReplyDelete